Polishing or matting of glass products
The last stage of glass products fabrication is polishing (crystal glass) or matting, which is done in the solution of hydrofluoric and sulfuric acids. Especially hydrofluoric acid is a very dangerous substance with very low emissions limit and low allowable concentration in the working place.
Therefore, it is necessary to exhaust gas the production polishing shop to maintenance the low concentration in the working place and then, of course, to capture the emissions of the hydrofluoric acid under the emissions limit. To achieve this, the hydrofluoric acid is absorbed in water solution, usually in multiple stages.
We use various types of absorbers, such as the foam-layer absorber, the packing tower or the spray tower depending on concrete input data of the customer.
List of references:
Separation HF – absorption technology with accessories
- Glassworks TOM, Bělá pod Bezdězem, Czech republic
- Glassworks Bohemia Poděbrady, Czech republic
- Glassworks Bohemia Světlá nad Sázavou, Czech republic
- Crystalex Nový Bor, Czech republic
- Crystalex, Glassworks Český Křišťál chlum u Třeboně, Czech republic
- Liglass, Železný Brod, Líšný, Czech republic